Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Slanting Rays

Every day we meet
on this table , to dine.
In bed we sleep
together, on each side.

In sleep you touch
to caress my face,
But not when I am
wide awake.

You ask why?
I do not reciprocate
But when asleep,
How can I?

You write mail
to communicate,
but remain quiet
when face to face.

Your pain?
mine?
ours?
all pain is same?

Our hair is grey
Let us say grace.
With your hand in mine
it is thanks giving time.

Though there were thorns,
the nest was warm.
See how they have grown
tall and strong.

They stand together
like pillar and beam ,
for us to lean ,
and sleep beneath.

At the dawn of love
we remained unawake
and later the glare
was hard to bear.

Now , in evening
the air is balmy
come let us rest
it is home coming.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

the heart is warmer and the feelings are so much more positive and stronger.....there is a certain sense of confidence that the future looks so much more promising and fulfilling than the past(generally minor regrets only)

time to bring out the child in oneself once again.....you have been my greatest strength, a wonderful wife,friend, and mentor...every passing day has mede me fall in love with you a wee bit more.....Ravi

Mala said...

I should write a new poem -about us now. This I wrote some years back. Watch this space!